Thursday, April 12, 2018

Reasoning Quiz

Q1)-Statement : Should agriculture in rural India be mechanized ?
Arguments : I. yes, It would lead to higher production
II. No, Many villagers would be left unemployed.

only argument I is strong
only argument II is strong
Either I or II is strong
Neither I or II is strong
Ans.- A
Mechanization would speed up the work and increase the production. so, argument I is strong enough. Argument II is vague because mechanization will only eliminate wasteful employment , not create unemployment


Q2)-Statement : Should girls learn arts like Judo and karate ?
Arguments : I. Yes. It will enable them to defend themselves from rouges and ruffians
II. No. They will lose their feminine grace

only argument I is strong
only argument II is strong
Either I or II is strong
Neither I or II is strong
Ans.- A
Learning martial arts is necessary for girls for self-defence. so , Argument I holds.


Q3)-Statement : Should the political parties be banned ?
Arguments : I. Yes. It is necessary to teach a lesson to the politicians.
II. No. It will lead to an end of democracy

only argument I is strong
only argument II is strong
Either I or II is strong
Neither I or II is strong
Ans.- D
With the ban on political parties , candidates can independently contest elections . So it will not end democracy . Thus, arguments II does not hold. Argument I does not give a strong reason


Q4)-Statement : Should foreign films be banned in India ?
Arguments : I. Yes. They depict an alien culture which adversely affects our values
II. No. Foreign films are of high artistic standard.

only argument I is strong
only argument II is strong
Either I or II is strong
Neither I or II is strong
Ans.- D
Foreign films depict the alien culture but this only helps in learning more. So, argument I does not hold. Also the reason in argument II is not strong enough in contradicting the ban. So it does not hold


Q5)-Statement: Should all the practising doctors be brought under Government control so that they get salary from the Government and treat patients free of cost ?
Arguments : I. No. How can any country do such an undemocratic thing ?
II. Yes. Despite many problems, it will certainly help minimize, if not eradicate , unethical medical practices.

only argument I is strong
only argument II is strong
Either I or II is strong
Neither I or II is strong
Ans.- B
A doctor treating a patient individually can mislead the patient into wrong and unnecessary treatment for his personal gain. So , argument II holds strong. Also , a policy beneficial to common people cannot be termed 'undemocratic' . Si I is vague


Q6)-Statement : Should higher education be completely stopped for sometime ?
Arguments : I. No. It will hamper the country's future progress.
II.Yes. It will reduce the educated unemployment.

only argument I is strong
only argument II is strong
Either I or II is strong
Neither I or II is strong
Ans.- A
Higher education is not the cause of unemployment. In fact it has created greater job opportunities. SO argument II is vague. Also , higher education promotes the country's development. so argument I holds


Q7)-Statement : Should there be more than one High Courts in each state in India ?
Arguments : I. No. This will be a sheer wastage of taxpayers money.
II. Yes. This will help reduce the backlog of cases pending for a very long time

only argument I is strong
only argument II is strong
Either I or II is strong
Neither I or II is strong
Ans.- B
An increase in the number of High courts will surely speed up the work and help to do away with the pending cases. So argument II hols strong


Q8)-Statement : Are nuclear families better than joint families ?
Arguments : I. No. Joint families ensure security and also reduce the burden of work
II. Yes . Nuclear Families ensure greater freedom

only argument I is strong
only argument II is strong
Either I or II is strong
Both are strong
Ans.- D
With so many people around in a joint family , there is more security. Also work is shared, SO I holds.
In Nuclear families , there are lesser number of people and so lesser responsibilities and more freedom. II also holds


Q9)-Statement : Should India give away Kashmir to Pakistan ?
Argument : I. No. Kashmir is a beautiful state. It earns a lot of foreign exchange for India.
II. Yes. This would help settle conflicts

only argument I is strong
only argument II is strong
Either I or II is strong
Neither I or II is strong
Ans.- A
India cannot part with a state that is a major foreign exchange earner to it. So I holds strong


Q10)-Statement : Should students take part in politics ?
Arguments : I. Yes. It inculcates in them qualities of leadership.
II. No. They should study and build up their career

only argument I is strong
only argument II is strong
Either I or II is strong
Neither I or II is strong
Ans.- C
Indulgement in politics trains the students for future leadership but it sways them from the studies. So , either I or II can hold


No comments:

Post a Comment