Tuesday, February 13, 2018

English Quiz

Q1)-In questions ( 1 to 5 ) : Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase
A spoke in the wheel

To spoil the plan
To destroy the plan
TO help in the plan
To charge the plan
Ans.- A


Q2)-To make a dear breast of
To gain prominence
To praise oneself
To destroy before it blossoms
To confess without of reserve
Ans.- C


Q3)-To keeps one's temper
To become hungry
To be in a good mood
To preserve one's energy
To be aloof from
Ans.- B


Q4)-To drive home
A private end to serve
To far to arouse interest
To have no result
To work for both sides
Ans.- A


Q5)-To end in smoke
To make it understand completely
To ruin oneself
To overcome someone
To provoke
Ans.- B


Q6)-In questions ( 6 to 10 ) : In the following questions , a part of the sentence is printed in bold. Choose the correct alternative.
To get in to the building I'll disguise as a reporter.

disguise to be
disguise as one
disguise myself
No improvement
Ans.- C


Q7)-He denied that he had not forged my signature.
world not forge
had forged
did not forge
No improvement
Ans.- B


Q8)-I I had played well. I world have won the match.
I played well
I play well
I am playing well
No improvement
Ans.- D


Q9)-Since the records are missing , the possibility of paying more than one compensation for the same piece of land cannot be ruled aside
out
off
away
No improvement
Ans.- A


Q10)-A callous system generates nothing but a misanthrope.
develops
inducers
produced
No improvement
Ans.- C



No comments:

Post a Comment