Sunday, March 11, 2018

Reasoning Quiz

Q1)-Statement: As stated in the recent census report the female to male ratio is alarmingly low.
Courses of Action:
I. The government should conduct another census to verify the results.
II. The government should immediately issue orders to all the departments to encourage people to improve the ratio.

Either I or II follows
Only II follows
Both I and II follow
Only I follows
Ans.- B


Q2)-Statement: Exporters in the capital are alleging that commercial banks are violating a Reserve Bank of India directive to operate a post shipment export credit denominated in foreign currency at international rates from January this year.
Courses of Action: I. The officers concerned in the commercial banks are to be suspended.
II. The RBI should be asked to stop giving such directives to commercial banks.

Only I follows
Only II follows
Either I or II follows
Neither I nor II follows
Ans.- D
The statement mentions that the commercial banks violate a directive issued by the RBI. The remedy is only to make the banks implement the Act. So, none of the courses follows.


Q3)-Statement : Youngsters are often found staring at obscene posters.
Courses of Action :
I Children should be punished and penalized if they are found doing so.
II Any display of such materials should be banned.

Only I follows
Only II follows
Either I or II follows
Neither I nor II follows
Ans.- B


Q4)-Statement : The rates of interest on Post Office recurring deposit accounts have been increased with effect from 1st Oct. This has been done to attract more deposits.
Courses of Action: I. Efforts should also be made to make the public aware about this increase in the rate of interest.
II. If the deposits don’t increase in next six months, the rate of interest should be further increased.

only conclusion I follows.
only conclusion II follows.
either I or II follows.
both conclusions I and II follows.
Ans.- D
It is given in the statement that rate of interest has been increased to attract more deposits. Hence, public should be made aware of such increase so that both the parties should be benefitted. If the response for the deposits is lukewarm, the rate of interest should be further increased. Hence, both the actions are right courses of action.


Q5)-Statement : Although the India economy is still heavily dependent on agriculture, its share in global agricultural trade is less than the share of agricultural exports to total exports.
Courses of Action: I. Efforts should be made to increase our agricultural production.
II. The exports of non-agricultural commodities should be reduced.

only conclusion I follows.
only conclusion II follows.
either I or II follows.
neither I nor II follows.
Ans.- A
Only by increasing our agricultural production, we can have a better position in international agricultural trade. Reduction in non-agricultural commodities will further worsen our position. So, only I is the right course of action.


Q6)-Statement: Severe drought is reported to have set in several parts of the country.
Courses of Action: I Government should immediately make arrangement for providing financial assistance to those affected.
II. Food, water and fodder should immediately be sent to all these areas to save the people and cattle.

Only I follows
Only II follows
Either I or II follows
Neither I nor II follows
Ans.- B
In the break-out of a natural calamity, the basic duty of the government becomes to provide the basic amenities essential to save the lives of people and cattle. Providing financial assistance to all would put undue burden on the country's resources. So, only II follows.


Q7)-Statement: A large number of people die every year due to drinking polluted water during the summer.
Courses of Action: I. The government should make adequate arrangements to provide safe drinking water to all its citizens.
II. The people should be educated about the dangers of drinking polluted water.

Only I follows
Only II follows
Either I or II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- D
The situation demands creating awareness among people about the dangers of drinking polluted water so that they themselves refrain from the same, and at the same time taking steps to provide safe drinking water. So, both the courses follow.


Q8)-Statement: The sale of a particular product has gone down considerably causing great concern to the company.
Courses of Action:
I. The company should make a proper study of rival products in the market.
II. The price of the product should be reduced and quality improved.

Only I follows
Only II follows
Either I or II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- A
Clearly, a study of rival products in the market will help assess the cause for the lowering down of sales and then a suitable action can be taken. Thus, only I follow.


Q9)-Statement : Although advancement medical science has raised life expectancy, the rate of child mortality remains high in India
Courses of Action :
I. Efforts should be made to lower life expectancy.
II. Medical scientists should be asked to give up their jobs.
III. Efforts should be made to decrease the rate of child mortality.

I & II follow
II & III follow
Only I follows
Only III follows
Ans.- D
I is an absurd suggestion.
II is an extreme action not required in the present circumstances.
III is undeniably a proper course of action.


Q10)-Statement: The kharif crops have been affected by the insects for consecutive three years in the district and the farmers harvested less than fifty percent of produce during these years.
Courses of Action:
I. The farmers should seek measures to control the attack of insects to protect their crops next year.
II. The Government should increase the support price of kharif crops considerably to protect the economic interests of farmers.

Only I follows
Only II follows
Both I and II follow
Neither I nor II follows
Ans.- C
Clearly, the problem demands taking extra care and adequate precautions to protect crops from insects and extending help to farmers to prevent them from incurring huge losses. Thus, both the courses follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment