Thursday, December 7, 2017

Reasoning Quiz

Q1)-Statements: Reading makes a full man, conference a ready man and writing an exact man.
Conclusions:
1. Pointed and precise expression comes only through extensive writing.
2. Extensive reading makes a complete man.

Only conclusion I follows
Only conclusion II follows
Either I or II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- D
Clearly, I follows from the fact that writing makes an exact man. Conclusion II also directly follows from the statement.


Q2)-Statements: People who speak too much against dowry are those who had taken it themselves.
Conclusions:
1. It is easier said than done.
2. People have double standards.

Only conclusion I follows
Only conclusion II follows
Either I or II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- D
The statement clearly implies that it is easier to say than to do something and what people say is different from what they do. So, both I and II follow.


Q3)-Statements: Money plays a vital role in politics.
Conclusions:
1. The poor can never become politicians.
2. All the rich men take part in politics.

Only conclusion I follows
Only conclusion II follows
Neither I nor II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- C
Neither the poor nor the rich, but only the role of money in politics is being talked about in the statement. So, neither I nor II follows.


Q4)-Statement: No country is absolutely self-dependent these days.
Conclusions:
I. It is impossible to grow and produce all that a country needs.
II. Countrymen in general have become lazy.

Only conclusion I follows
Only conclusion II follows
Either I or II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- A
Clearly, only I provides a suitable explanation to the given statement. So, only I follows.


Q5)-Statement : Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
Conclusions:
I. Fashion designers do not understand the public mind very well.
II. The public by and large is highly susceptible to novelty.

Only conclusion I follows
Only conclusion II follows
Either I or II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- B
The statement asserts that people cannot stand any particular trend for long and seek change quite often. So, only II follows.


Q6)-Statement: Death keeps no calendar.
Conclusions:
I. Man must die one day.
II. Death can come at any time.

Only conclusion I follows
Only conclusion II follows
Either I or II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- D
Both I and II directly follow from the statement.


Q7)-Statement : It is almost impossible to survive and prosper in this world without sacrificing ethics and morality
Conclusions :
I. World appreciates some concepts but may not uphold it.
II. Concept of ethics and morality are not practicable in life.

Only conclusion I follows
Only conclusion II follows
Either I or II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- B
I is vague so I do not follow, but II is directly related to statement.


Q8)-Statement : Industrial Revolution which first of all started in Europe has brought about modern age.
Conclusions :
I. Disparity between rich and poor results in revolution.
II. Revolution overhauls society.

Only conclusion I follows
Only conclusion II follows
Either I or II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- B
Cause of revolution can not be deduced from the statement. Only Conclusion II follows, as It is mentioned that Industrial revolution brought about the modern age.


Q9)-Statements: The eligibility for admission to the course is minimum second class Master's degree. However, the candidates who have appeared for the final year examination of Master's degree can also apply.
Conclusions:
1. All candidates who have yet to get their Master's degree will be there in the list of selected candidates.
2. All candidates having obtained second class Master's degree will be there in the list of selected candidates.

Only conclusion I follows
Only conclusion II follows
Neither I nor II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- C
The statement mentions that the candidates who have obtained second class Master's degree or have appeared for the final year examination of Master's degree, can apply for admission. This implies that both types of candidates may be selected on certain grounds. Thus, some candidates of each type and not all candidates of any one type, may be selected. So, neither I nor II follows.


Q10)-Statements: All those political prisoners were released on bail who had gone to jail for reasons other than political reasons. Bail was not granted to persons involved in murders.
Conclusions:
1. No political - prisoner had committed murder.
2. Some politicians were not arrested.

Only conclusion I follows
Only conclusion II follows
Either I or II follows
Both I and II follow
Ans.- A
According to the statement, the political prisoners can be divided into two groups - those who were released and those who were put in jail for political reasons. However, no person involved in murder was released. This means that no political prisoner had committed murder. So, I follows. Clearly, II is not directly related to the statement and does not follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment