Friday, January 12, 2018

Reasoning Quiz

Q1 – Q5: Seven officers A, B, C, D, E, F and G work in three different shifts I, II, III with atleast two persons working in each shift. Each one of them has a different weekly off from Monday to Sunday not necessarily in the same order.
~ B works in second shift only with F whose weekly off is on Friday.
~ E’s weekly off is on the next day of A’s weekly off and both of them work in different shifts.
~ D work in third shift and his weekly off is on Saturday.
~ G has a weekly off on Monday and he works in first shift.
~ The one who has a weekly off on Sunday works in first shift. 
~ A and D do not work in same shift, A’s weekly off is on Tuesday.
1. Whose weekly off falls on Thursday ?
a. A
b. C
c. E
d. Cannot be determined
e. None of these
2. Which of the following combinations of shift, person and weekly off is definitely correct ?
a. II, B, Sunday
b. III, C, Sunday
c. II, D, Sunday
d. I, A, Tuesday
e. None of these
3. Whose weekly off is on Sunday ?
a. A
b. B
c. C
d. E
e. None of these
4. On which day is E’s weekly off ?
a. Tuesday
b. Wednesday
c. Sunday
d. Cannot be determined
e. None of these
5. Which of the following group of officers work is shift I ?
a. A, C, G
b. A, G
c. C, G
d. A, D, E
e. None of these
Q6 – Q10: In the questions given below, certain symbols are used with the following meanings:
P $ Q means P is neither equal to nor smaller than Q.
P © Q means P is not smaller than Q.
P « Q means P is neither greater nor smaller than Q.
P # Q means P is neither greater than nor equal to Q.
P @ Q means P is not greater than Q.
Now in each of the following questions, assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/are definitely true. Give answer
a) if only conclusion I is true.
b) if only conclusion II is true.
c) if either conclusion I or II is true.
d) if neither conclusion I nor II is true.
e) if both conclusions I and II are true.
6. Statements: M # K, K « D, D @ P
Conclusions: I. M @ P     II. M « P
7. Statements: I. W © T, T $ M, B # M
Conclusions: I. W $ B     II. M # W
8. Statements: H « D, D # R, R © N
Conclusions: I. N « H     II. N $ H
9. Statements: Z @ R, R © D, D # T
Conclusions: I. D # Z     II. Z # T
10. Statements: P # Q, Q © T, T « Y
Conclusions: I. U # Q     II.P « U









Answers :
Q1 -Q5
Correct Arrangement:
A – I   – Tuesday
B – II  – Thursday
C – I   – Sunday
D – III – Saturday
E – III – Wednesday
F – II  – Friday
G – I   – Monday
1 – e
2 – d
3 – c
4 – b
5 – a
Q6 – Q10
6 – d
7 – e
8 – d
9 – d
10- d

No comments:

Post a Comment